Meditation is beneficial to every aspect of your being: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Physically, it relaxes the body and relieves tension, which slows heart rate and lowers blood pressure. It relieves stress and quiets the mind, bringing a sense of calm and serenity.
It helps release negative emotions which burden the heart, replacing them with feelings of love, acceptance, and peace. And spiritually, meditation enables one to attain higher states of consciousness allowing access to the higher realms, and brings about a greater sense of awareness in which previously unseen solutions, answers, and insights may rise to the surface.
There are many other reasons why one might meditate, such as to develop the intuition, to learn from the higher senses, to cleanse and purify thoughts and emotions, to travel along one's spiritual path, to help one bring about changes in their life, to gain control over one's thoughts and feelings and how they are expressed, and to delve deep within oneself to discover and explore one's innermost being. These are just a few examples of what one may accomplish through meditation.
Some people use crystals and stones to assist in obtaining a deep meditative state. For example:
1. calming blue stones, such as aquamarine, blue calcite, and turquoise, will help clear the mind and calm the body.
2. Purple and clear stones, such as amethyst, clear quartz, and charoite can aid one in reaching higher states of consciousness.
However, any healing stone can be used during meditation.
A stone or crystal may be held or worn during meditation in order to absorb its properties. Or it may be placed before you to be used as a focus object to help maintain concentration. (see meditation altars here.) One could be held to or placed on the heart chakra for emotional balance, or the third eye chakra for mental clarity.
There is no right or wrong way to meditate. However, no matter how you do it, meditation does require two things: an atmosphere of silence, and a way to relax the body and clear the mind, such as through breathing techniques, visualization, or sound repetition (such as "Om").
Quartz Crystal Meditation:
1. Lie face up on a bed, floor, or other flat surface.
2. Place a smoky quartz crystal on the lower abdomen to ground the experience into physical reality.
3. Then place a citrine crystal at the navel to relax and purify the body.
4. Next, place a rose quartz over the heart to allow negative emotions to flow out of the heart and positive ones to flow into it.
5. Then place an amethyst crystal on the brow to still the mind.
6. And finally, place the pointed end of a clear quartz crystal at the top of the head. Doing so will stimulate the crown chakra, the highest energy point in the body, causing one's higher consciousness centers to vibrate and open.
7. Once all of the crystals have been placed in position, close your eyes and visualize in turn the energy of each crystal radiating out of the crystal and then flowing into your body, and into your chakras and aura as well.
Begin with the smoky quartz. Visualize its smoky brown grounding energy flowing into your body and also into the Earth. Feel the energy spread throughout your body. Feel it anchoring you to the Earth.
Next visualize the golden healing energy of the citrine radiating out of the stone and being absorbed into your body. Feel the energy flow throughout your body, purifying it and relaxing and healing it with its warmth. Feel the tension in your muscles release. Feel how your body is much lighter than it was before. Feel almost as if you are floating on a golden cloud.
Next, concentrate on the rose quartz. Visualize its loving pink energy flowing around your body, opening up your heart center, and releasing all the negative emotions and feelings that have been weighing you down. As these emotions exit your body, feel the warm and loving energy of the rose quartz flow into it. Feel it spreading throughout your body, spreading a feeling of peace along with it. Feel that the heavy weight that was once on your heart is now gone, and you are now feeling balanced, uplifted and peaceful. Your heart is now feeling as light as your body.
Now visualize the purple energy of the amethyst radiating out of the stone. See it swirling around your head. Feel it traveling down your face, first relaxing your forehead, and then your eyes, your mouth, and your jaw. See the third eye on your brow open and the calming purple energy flow into it. Feel the energy soaking into your head, pushing out all of your thoughts, fears and worries. Feel your mind become calm, still, and serene. Imagine it as a book that is sitting open, the pages blank, ready to be filled with whatever knowledge is received.
See the crown of your head opening. See the white energy of the quartz crystal begin to flow out of the stone and swirl around you.
Now just rest and patiently wait, remaining relaxed, ready and open to receive what comes.
"Acharya Ji gives me perfect suggestion about choosing meditation stone. I'm really thanful to him."
Mr. Rajat Sharma, Gurugram